– For the Innovation for Change project 50 young talents will apply advanced technology to finding solutions for social needs
– High-school students can register now for the beamline for schools competition to create and carry out an experiment at CERN
– This year's school will be held in Norway from 15-28 June. Register by 12 February 2016
– The students on the third Challenge Based Innovation (CBI) @CERN course presented all their proofs-of-concept and prototypes in December.
– 18 teachers attended a three-day training course organised by the LAMAP Foundation (Fondation La main à la pâte set up by Georges Charpak in 1995)
– CERN took part in "Élargis tes horizons" a conference to encourage girls to take up studies in the scientific and technical domains.
– Astronaut Tim Peake is on the International Space Station with a Timepix chip from the CERN@School project
– Are you a student interested in working on advanced IT projects at CERN? Applications are now open for 2016’s CERN openlab Summer Student Programme.
– Youngest person to receive grid certification uses computing power to analyse satellite data
– CERN openlab and Intel jointly announced the winners of the Modern Code Developer Challenge at annual Intel HPC Developer Conference in November
– Attend the new MOOC, "From particles to stars", organised by the Université Paris-Saclay.
– Students from Mediterranean countries begin four month course to problem-solve societal issues
– Show off your coding skills in the Intel Modern Code Developer Challenge 2015 for a chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime experience
– This year 280 summer students from 83 different countries took part in the CERN summer student programme
– The recent CERN Summer Student Webfest saw participants hack all weekend to produce a range of weird and wonderful science innovations
– Applications are now open for the International School of Trigger & Data Aquisition, which will take place from 25 January 2016 in Rehovot, Israel
– The Langton Ultimate Cosmic-ray Intensity Detector used CERN Medipix particle detectors to collect data from space
– CERN hosted the 11 young students who won the CERN Special Award at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) 2015
– Apply now to try hands-on experiments in particle physics at CERN. Deadline: 21 June
– This week, IdeaSquare at CERN is one of the host sites for a global hackathon for open-science projects and tools