– For 15 years, UNOSAT has been using CERN’s powerful IT infrastructure for the purposes of its humanitarian work
– Due to works, the road SCHERRER, in front of buildings 52 and 53, will be closed to traffic from Monday 20 March to Wednesday 22 March
– If you are an IT expert interested in being a mentor, apply today.
– On 29 March, during the Fermi LAT collaboration meeting at CERN, an open day will be held in CERN’s Main Auditorium
– Due to office renovation work, the Users’ Office will move to Building 510 as from 16 March for 2 months
– Registration is now open for the CERN Accelerator School’s course on Advanced Accelerator Physics, to be held in Ogham (London) from 3 to 15.09.2017
– Gate C will be closed to all traffic (including cyclists and pedestrians) from 15 to 29 March while work is carried out
– A hot topic, to be explored from 21 to 26 of March at the Globe Science and Innovation at CERN
– The new Service Desk contract will begin on 1 April 2017 and will incorporate the Central Telephone Switchboard
– The School will be held in Evora, Portugal, from 6 to 19 September 2017
– The SMB Department informs you that refurbishment and renovation works on the ISR road bridge will start next week
– Interested in science communication and how to present your research work? Participate in the Swiss heats of FameLab 2017!
– Science Communication Workshop By Kishore Hari of Tested.com
– Meet people from all over the world to learn more about International Geneva
– Summary Session of the LHC Performance Workshop 2017, by Frédérick Bordry, CERN’s Director for Accelerators and Technology
– Now in its 10th year, CERN’s “Inverted School of Computing – iCSC 2017” will take place at CERN from 6 to 8 March 2017 in the IT Auditorium
– The Mobino online payment app, which was introduced last October in the Novae Restaurants on the Meyrin site, has been suspended to allow improvements
– The AXEL-2017 course series will be composed of 10 one-hour lectures (Monday 13.03.2017 – Fri 17.03.2017, from 09:00 to 10:15 and from 10:45 to 12:00)
– Half of Route Rutherford, between building 361 and building 271, will be closed to traffic from Friday 10 February 7 a.m. to Friday 7 April 5.30 p.m.
– The emergency stop tests of the area 10 on the Prévessin site are planned on Saturday 4 March 2017 from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
– The results of the survey carried out by the CERN Nursery Services Working Group are available on the Diversity Office website
– The Fifth Thematic School of Computing (tCSC 2017) takes place this year in Split, Croatia, from 4-10 June 2017
– The tests of the 18 kV commutation system of the Meyrin site are planned on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 February 2017 from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
– International Masterclasses organisers are looking for physicists at CERN to moderate videoconferences with high school students
– A new IT tool will make life easier, particularly for those of us who have several vehicles
– Registration is now open for the CAS specialised course on "Vacuum for Particle Accelerators" - Glumslov (Sweden), 6-16 June 2017
– The emergency stop tests of the ISR area of the Meyrin site are planned on Saturday 28 January 2017 from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
– The emergency stop tests of the West area of the Meyrin site are planned on Saturday 28 January 2017 from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
– The 3rd Developers@CERN Forum will take place on February 13-14 afternoons in the IT auditorium with the topic "Frontend and User Interfaces"