CERN has two main sites, one in France and the other in Switzerland. The visitor reception can be found at the Meyrin site in Switzerland. For postal addresses and other contact information, please visit our contact page.
For information about goods reception, please visit the Site Management and Buildings (SMB) department's website.
Location of the visitor reception:
How to get to CERN
From Geneva International Airport at Cointrin
- Taxi: approximately 35 CHF.
- Public transport: First take a free public transport ticket from the machine you will find in the baggage collection hall, just before customs control. Then you can
- take bus Y direction "CERN" and get off at the CERN stop opposite the large Globe and the CERN site.
- or take bus 23, 28 or 57 and get off at "Blandonnet" and then catch tram 18, final stop "CERN".
- CERN Shuttle Service: for CERN users only (CERN badge is required). Have a look at the timetable.
From Geneva railway station at Cornavin (Gare Cornavin)
Address: 1, Esplanade des Particules, Meyrin, Switzerland
Reception: Lat: 46.233058, Long: 6.055692
From the Swiss side
Follow "Aeroport", "Lyon" or "Meyrin". When in Meyrin head for "St. Genis" (which is just across the border in France). Before you get to St. Genis, CERN is on the left hand side of the "Route de Meyrin", just before the border crossing.
From the French side
Follow "Gex" or "St. Genis". When in St. Genis head for the border. CERN is on your right hand side immediately after the border crossing.