At the last blood donation campaign on 17 July 2023, 120 donors came along to give blood, of which 34 were first-timers. 76 donations were collected. Before the collection, the HUG presented a shortage of group A+ blood. Thanks to this collection, we were able to increase the blood reserves of group A+. This is a great success and we thank you for your contribution!
Nevertheless, the Geneva blood barometer, which is regularly updated, shows that blood stocks continue to run extremely low. CERN will hold a third blood donation session on Tuesday 28 November, from 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. in collaboration with the Hôpitaux universitaires de Genève (HUG), in Building 29.
Before coming to the Building 29 donation point, please make sure that:
- you are in good health and have no symptoms such as fever, cough, a cold or breathing difficulties;
- you are eligible to give blood:
- Complete the brief online pre-donation questionnaire (in French)
- please consult this information sheet and complete this questionnaire issued by the HUG (but note that only the pre-donation conversation with the nurse or doctor on the day can confirm your eligibility).
- If returning from travel abroad or arriving from another country, perform the travelcheck on the HUG website (in French)
- If you have recently been vaccinated against the flu or COVID, ensure 48 hours have passed since receiving the vaccination.
*New*: possibility to make an appointment in advance
Based on the experience of the donation campaign in July, the possibility of pre-booking your appointment via the OneDoc platform is made available on this link. Spontaneous donors will be able to come at their convenience without an appointment, mindful that there may be some waiting time on the day.
As a thank you, the HUG will be giving each donor a 10 CHF voucher, to be used in Novae’s Restaurants 1 and 2 at CERN.
We hope to see many of you at the donation point!