Since December 2017, there is a new authentication procedure to access online resources made available by the Library from outside CERN.
As a consequence, from now on, URLs of online resources (= articles, ebooks, databases) made available by the Library must, for remote access, be prefixed by: https://ezproxy.cern.ch/login?url=.
As an example, to access this article: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science /article/pii/S0168900217310045 you need to modify the url as follows: https://ezproxy.cern.ch/login?url=https://www.sciencedirect.com/science /article/pii/S0168900217310045.
Please note that:
- Inside CERN, the access works as usual.
- This service works for CERN Computer account only.
- The access will only work if the CERN Library has a subscription to the resource. Please check the availability on the CERN document server or on the Library resources webpage.
- No authentification is needed for Open Access resources.
- The old Proxy system remains active for the time being, but is not maintained anymore.