CERN’s Knowledge Transfer group will be offering a training course on “Finding Happiness in Patent Information Databases”, tackling the anatomy of patents, patent information databases and their importance.
The training course will be delivered on Zoom:
22 April 9.00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
23 April 9.00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
Description of the course:
- Brief introduction to knowledge transfer at CERN
- Fundamentals of intellectual property and patents
- Anatomy of a patent compared to scientific publication
- Patent classification
- Introduction to publicly accessible patent information databases
- Searching public-access patent information databases (Espacenet and Google Patents)
- Data analysis on patent information
This course is aimed at CERN personnel, but is also open to users and alumni.