– In May, a gas leak was reported in a CERN installation - The causes of the accident have been identified
– The IT Department is looking for Early Adopters to test Skype for Business – the first 30 people will get a headset
– Registration is now open for the CERN Accelerator School to be held in Zurich, Switzerland from 21 February to 6 March, 2018
– Physics Education Research seminar | Speaker: Prof Verena Spatz (TU Darmstadt) | Friday, 25 August 3 p.m.- 4 p.m. | Teacher Training Room (3-R-002)
– The Joint Annual meeting of Swiss and Austrian Physical Society will be hosted for the first time by CERN & the CICG from 21 to 25 August 2017
– Due to works on building 245, the route DEMOCRITE will not be accessible from route RUTHERFORD Thursday 10 August and Friday 11 August
– CERN openlab is organising an open day on 21 September 2017 — everyone is welcome!
– The Medical Service would like to inform you that access to the infirmary will only be possible via the side entrance off Route Einstein
– CERN issued its Open Access Policy in October 2014, requiring all CERN physics results to be published Open Access
– “One week to learn how to boost the quality and impact of your research” - Deadline: Friday 11 August!
– Want to learn about the projects the CERN openlab summer students have been working on? Then come along to the “lighting talk” sessions on 11 & 15.08
– The HSE Unit would like to inform you that the Safety Bulletins 2017-1, 2 and 3 have been released
– Your chance to be part of CERN's Automnales team, explaining and presenting our science at the fair in November
– Answer this short 5-minute questionnaire and find out which quote of Richard Feynman best describes your views on science communication
– The Visits Service has published on its website the procedure and conditions applicable to the organisation of private tours
– Annual closure of the building 866 Post Office (Prévessin) foreseen from Monday 31 July until Friday 25 August inclusive
– Since beginning of July 2017, Web of Science and Journal of Citation Report are no longer available via the CERN Scientific Information Service
– Are you passionate about science? Then come along to the 2017 CERN Summer Student Webfest on the weekend of 21 to 23 July!
– MapCERN is an offline application that can help you find buildings, rooms or points of interest at CERN
– Blood donation | 18-19 July 2017
– The CERN Hardronic Music Festival is back! On the 15th July, ten of the finest MusiClub bands plus a DJs set will come on stage its 26th edition
– Discover how technological advances for high-energy physics can become essential tools for modern medicine | 7 July 16:00 Council Chamber
– The prestigious 6 week Summer Student Lecture Programme will start on Tuesday 27 June. The lectures are accessible for anyone at CERN, don’t miss them
– The 2016 CERN Annual Report, with a brand new layout, is now available.
– For car registration and driving licenses and residence cards
– The opening hours of CERN’s Gates A and C are being extended for access to and departure from the site (8 pm instead of 7 pm)
– This summer, the three CERN restaurants remain open during their usual hours
– A 10% discount is granted to CERN students in Novae restaurants 1 and 2 (Meyrin site) between 15 June and 15 September 2017
– On Tuesday 20 June, find the CERN & Society stands at the entrances of Restaurant 1 and Restaurant 2 and participate to a celebratory lottery
– We are glad to announce the 9th edition of the Diversity in Action workshop