Are you innovative and like to share your ideas with other enthusiasts? Would you like to apply your knowledge and skills to humanitarian problems? Are you motivated to work on issues beneficial to society?
Apply to our problem-solving workshop - also known as hackathon / makeathon - taking place at CERN from 31 October to 2 November. You will work in interdisciplinary teams on topics inspired by other NGOs like ICRC, UN Development Programme, UNOSAT and UNITAR.
Example topics are:
- Virtual tower camera for air fields
- The conflict zone humanitarian demarcation certificate
- The 10$ inflatable fridge for field operations
- Wearable sign language interpreter
- Can mobile communication data reveal election fraud?
- Tracking and demarcation system for dogs in rescue and de-mining operations
The 4 teams of 7 hand-picked innovators will be assembled 6 weeks ahead of the event to give time for preparation as some hardware might be needed. In this time they can contact ‘experts-on-call’ from different fields of expertise for support.
Application period just started and is open until 11 August - find out more on our website: www.theport.ch and get ready to change the world. If you want to sign-up as 'expert-on-call’ and support the teams with your expertise, please sign up here.
This is your chance to have an impact on our future!