CERN is organising a 100% virtual edition of Django Girls, a programming workshop for women aged 15 and over, on the evening of Thursday, 22 April and all day on Saturday, 24 April.
Coached by CERN tutors, the participants will learn how to create a blog and deploy it on the internet. The event will take place on Zoom in French and English. It is designed for total beginners. The goal of the workshop is to bring new people into technology, especially women, who are under-represented in this field.
- Thursday, 22 April 2021, 6 – 7.30 p.m.: Launch party
- Saturday, 24 April 2021, 9 a.m. – 4.15 p.m.: Workshop
We are looking for volunteer coaches to facilitate the workshop. Each volunteer will coach a team of three participants.
- Programming level: As a mentor, you will need to clearly explain the basics of concepts such as how the internet works and to present python, object-oriented programming, HTML and CSS. You do not need to have advanced knowledge; the most important requirement is to be able to explain programming to people without a technical background.
- Equipment needed: Computer, webcam, microphone and a stable internet connection.
- Schedule: You must be available for both the launch party and the workshop.
- Language: English or French.
- Reward: You will receive a Django Girls Geneva mug to show off during virtual coffee breaks.
- Briefing sessions: Volunteers must attend one of the two Zoom briefing sessions:
- In English: Thursday, 8 April 2021, 1.30 – 2.30 p.m.
- In French: Friday, 9 April 2021, 11 a.m. – 12 noon
If the number of volunteers who register exceed our needs, we will give priority to women and IT experts.
Thanks for your commitment!