The 13th “Inverted” CERN School of Computing (iCSC 2020) will take place as an online event from 28 September to 2 October (in the afternoons).
An excellent programme is planned, consisting of lectures and hands-on exercises selected from a range of proposals submitted by students of past CSC schools.
You are not obliged to attend the full event – you can simply attend the classes that interest you the most. Attendance is free and open to anyone (access to some hands-on exercises may be limited to people with a CERN computing account). Connection details (link to the videoconferencing room) will be sent by e-mail to registered participants – therefore if you are interested in attending at least some of the classes, please register.
More details and registration: https://indico.cern.ch/e/iCSC-2020.
The iCSC 2020 programme will cover the following domains:
- Programming Paradigms and Design Patterns
- Heterogeneous Programming with OpenCL
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Reconstruction and Imaging
- Modern C++ features
- Big Data processing with SQL
This year’s lecturers are:
- Miguel Astrain Etxezarreta, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Emil Kleszcz, CERN
- Kilian Lieret, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany
- Nis Meinert, University of Rostock, Germany
- Ruchi Mishra, Nicolaus Copernicus Astronomical Center, Warsaw, Poland
- Rita Roque, University of Coimbra, Portugal