The seventh Thematic CERN School of Computing (tCSC 2019) will take place in Split, Croatia, from 12 to 18 May 2019. The theme is "High Throughput Distributed Processing of Future HEP Data", looking at:
- The challenges of HEP data processing in the post-upgrade scenarios.
- Scientific software as the key to achieving the deliverables of the (HL-)LHC physics programme.
- Parallelism, performance and programming models for exploitation of resources on a single box or on a cluster.
- The central role of data management, input and output.
- Evolution of hardware and platforms and their requirements on data analysis and tools.
The School is open to postgraduate students and research workers with a few years' experience in elementary particle physics, computing, engineering or related fields. All applicants are welcome, including former and future participants in the main CSC summer school.
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, 24 February 2019
Participation is limited to 24 students
To register, please go to: https://indico.cern.ch/e/tCSC-2019
The Thematic Schools are part of the annual series of CERN Schools of Computing, to promote advanced learning and knowledge exchange in scientific computing among young scientists and engineers involved in particle physics or other sciences. They are shorter and more focused than the main Summer CERN School of Computing, but still maintain the same guiding principles: an academic dimension on advanced topics; theory and practice; networking and socialisation.
Sebastian Łopieński, CSC Director