Every year, CERN hosts several blood donation sessions. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the next session, which was scheduled for 14 and 15 July, will not be able to take place.
However, please note that other options are available to blood donors: remember that giving blood save lives!
Before donating blood, you must make sure:
- that you are in good health and have no COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, cold, breathing difficulties);
- that you meet the conditions required to give blood. The following questionnaires are designed to allow you to determine whether you can do so in principle, but only the pre-donation conversation with the nurse or doctor on the day can confirm your eligibility:
Where can I donate blood over the summer?
If you live in Switzerland:
- HUG Blood Transfusion Centre
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The first and third Saturday of each month from 8.30 a.m. to 12 noon
Rue Gabrielle-Perret-Gentil, 6
Appointments can be made by telephone on +41 (0)22 372 39 01 or online: https://www.hug-ge.ch/don-du-sang/rendez-vous-ligne.
If you have more questions about blood donation in Switzerland, see this website: https://www.hug-ge.ch/don-du-sang.
If you live in France, you can attend the following sessions without an appointment:
- Salle des fêtes in Thoiry
Rue des Cyprès, 01710 Thoiry
Wednesday, 1 July from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Salle du levant in Ferney-Voltaire
Chemin de Collex, 01210 Ferney-Voltaire
Thursday, 2 July from 2.30 p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
- The Vidolet sports centre in Cessy
Chemin des écoliers, 01170 Cessy
Monday, 6 July from 3.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m.
- Salle des fêtes in St-Nizier-le-Bouchoux
136, Route de Saint-Julien, 01560 St-Nizier-le-Bouchoux
Friday, 3 July from 3.30 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.
- L'Arande in St-Julien en Genevois
24, Grande rue, 74160 St-Julien en Genevois
Thursday, 23 July from 4.00 p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
- L’Ellipse cultural centre in Viry
140, Rue Villa Mary, 74580 Viry
Wednesday, 29 July from 4.30 p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
- Maison du don in Annemasse
1, route de Taninges
Mondays from 8.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
Tuesdays from 12.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- Maison du don in Metz-Tessy
2, chemin des Croiselets
Mondays from 8.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Thursdays from 2.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m.
Saturdays from 8.00 a.m. to 12 noon
If you have more questions about blood donation in France (e.g. about where donation sessions are taking place in August), see this website: https://dondesang.efs.sante.fr/.
Special measures have been implemented to ensure that the necessary protective measures are respected and to guarantee the safety of donors, volunteers and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.