- The kiosk at the entrance of R1 has reopened.
- The microwave ovens are now available for use.
- In order to spread out restaurant users as much as possible, a wider range of services is being offered in the cafeterias: it is now possible to order a meal from the R1 menu and collect it from one of the cafeterias the next day (where it can be reheated in the microwaves available). You can place your order either via the MyNovae app, or directly with the Novae cafeteria personnel.
- All restaurants and cafeterias will remain closed in the evenings and at weekends until further notice.
- The CERN housing service* is in operation, with reduced opening hours at the onsite reception (see the SMB department website, which is regularly updated).
- Currently all reservation requests require internal approval from CERN.
- Quarantine cannot be observed in the CERN hostel. Alternative accommodation is available; please look under “Housing” on the SMB department website.
*CERN hostel, CERN apartments, Foyer Résidence Schumann and private market accommodation.
- Normal office cleaning will resume on 21 September.
- Enhanced “COVID-19” disinfection, which has been in place since March, will continue until further notice.
- Waste management will be carried out as normal.
- Used masks, gloves and paper handkerchiefs must be disposed of in the bag-lined bins provided for this purpose. These are located outside buildings (see list here).
- Shuttle service
- Line 2 (Meyrin - Prévessin) remains in operation. The service will be adapted if there is an increase in the number of passengers (currently the number of places available on each bus is halved; extra buses will be added if necessary).
- Circuit 4 (airport) remains suspended until further notice.
- On-demand transport is available, with restrictions on the number of passengers allowed per bus.
- The car sharing service is currently unavailable.
- Long and short term car rental and bicycle rental will operate as normal.
Please contact the mobility service if you have any specific requirements.
- Mail will be distributed 3 - 4 times a week.
- Other mail services (outgoing mail, express mail, bulk mailing, diplomatic mail) will continue as normal. Pick-up point for registered mail: Building 55.
The service is open and the reception in Building 56 will be open to visitors as normal, every day from 2.30 p.m. to 3.30 p.m. (closed Wednesday).
We encourage you to regularly check the COVID-19 page on the SMB department website for all updates on the SMB services: https://smb-dep.web.cern.ch/en/content/services-availability-covid-19.