The Jardin des Particules welcomes about 100 children, grouped according to their age:
Children between the ages of 4 and 48 months attend the crèche
- Daily registration, attendance 2, 3 or 5 days a week
- Morning registration, attendance 2, 3 or 5 mornings a week*
*For children between 24 and 48 months – Opening subject to conditions
Children aged between 4 and 6 attend the school
- Daily registration, attendance 5 days a week
Enrolment will take place on 1 and 2 March 2021 on the website of the crèche and school of the CERN Staff Association: https://cern.ch/lejardindesparticules/registrations-2021-2022
What does the Jardin des Particules offer your child?
An institution welcoming children in small groups
The Jardin des Particules is an exceptional place of learning at the heart of CERN (new building, access to some scientific laboratories), where your child will benefit from a warm, familial environment that encourages the development of each child’s personality by respecting his or her individuality within a group.
- Education tailored to each child, for those under 4 years old. The child is placed at the centre of his learning, like a little researcher.
- An educational programme oriented towards the discovery of the world using active and cooperative teaching methods.
- A school organised in double-level classes (1P-2P), registered with the Geneva Association of Swiss Private Schools (AGEP) and holding the certification School Impulse.
- A friendly place for children to learn about a new environment away from their home and family.
An exceptional place full of life, rich in different cultures and nationalities.
- More than 26 different nationalities,
- A multilingual environment promoting intercultural exchange,
- For children at the school, a qualified French-speaking team that fosters the learning of French, but also first steps in English from the age of 4.
On a daily basis, we help your children to develop their autonomy and personal skills, to stimulate their desire to learn and their creative talents, and to boost their social skills, thanks to the interactions they have in a group with other children.
For us, taking care of your children is more than just a job: it's a real passion.
For more information: https://nurseryschool.web.cern.ch/