From 25 to 29 August 2021, CineGlobe – the International Film Festival inspired by science – returns to CERN for its 10th edition, on the theme (Dis)Orders of Magnitude.
The programme includes screenings of short and feature films at the Globe of Science and Innovation, workshops at the S'Cool LAB, virtual reality stands (to be confirmed) – the programme is as vast as the health situation allows.
• Wednesday, 25 August: 12.00 p.m. – 10.30 p.m.
• Thursday, 26 August: 12.00 p.m. – 10.30 p.m.
• Friday, 27 August: 12.00 p.m. – 10.30 p.m.
• Saturday, August 28: 10.00 a.m. – 10.30 p.m.
• Sunday, 29 August: 10.00 a.m. – 8.30 p.m.
The full programme will be available at cineglobe.ch at the beginning of August.
We are looking for volunteers
To run the festival, we need help with logistics, visitor welcome and information and hosting the TetraPak and Moviola workshops, as well as the VR stand (to be confirmed).
Each day will be split into several shifts; the schedule will be defined according to your availability. Become a volunteer!
To sign up, you must:
• have a CERN contract (MPEs, MPAs, Official CERN guides, ENTC, TEMC);
• be over 18 years of age;
• have completed the COVID-19 course – Health and Safety Measures at CERN;
• attend one of the briefing sessions;
• for hosts of the workshops at the S’Cool LAB: attend one of the briefing sessions specific to S'Cool LAB
T-shirt and meal
- You will receive one or two Cineglobe t-shirts, depending on the number of shifts you do.
- A meal voucher (value to be confirmed) to be used at the event’s food truck (presence of the food truck to be confirmed)
A dedicated health and safety concept is currently being drafted; the conditions will be detailed during the briefing sessions. Wearing a mask is mandatory during screenings and workshops.
Registration and additional information are available at https://indico.cern.ch/e/cineglobe-volontaires