CERN’s Knowledge Transfer Group will be running the one day training session “Finding Happiness in Patent Information Databases” on 7 May 2019 at the CERN Training Centre. Learn about the anatomy of patents and patent information databases and why it matters.
Description of the course:
- Brief introduction to knowledge transfer at CERN
- Fundamentals of intellectual property and patents
- Anatomy of a patent vs scientific publication
- Patent classification
- Introduction to publicly accessible patent information databases
- Searching public access patent information databases (Espacenet and Google Patents)
- Data analysis on patent information
This course is aimed at CERN personnel, but is also open to Users and Alumni.