CERN is organizing a tweetup on Friday 27 September 2013, the eve of the CERN Open Days. A tweetup is a social media event where visitors come for a special tour and use the social media platform Twitter to talk about their experience in real time. A handful of @CERN Twitter followers will get the chance to come to the laboratory for an unforgettable day. You could be one of the lucky few to:
- See a behind-the-scenes preview of CERN, the European Laboratory for Particle Physics, before it opens its doors to the public on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 September.
- Take part in an exclusive tweetup visit of the Large Hadron Collider tunnel, 100 metres underground.
- Enjoy lunch with CERN physicists in the laboratory’s restaurant.
- Tweet from where the World Wide Web was born.
- Talk face-to-face with the researchers exploring the properties of the Higgs boson, as part of the European Researchers’ Night activities.
- Be part of the audience of the Origins2013 show in CERN’s impressive Globe of Science and Innovation.
An opportunity not to be missed!
Apply to attend the CERN Tweetup here. Application deadline: 23.59 CEST on Sunday 8 September 2013