A public meeting dedicated to taxation in France will take place on Tuesday, 26 February 2019, from 1.30 p.m. to 3.30 p.m. in the Main Auditorium (500/1-001).
The guest speakers at this meeting will be tax inspector Mr Gérard Polizzi, deputy head of the Bellegarde-sur-Valserine tax office, and senior tax controller Ms Françoise Héduy, who are experts in the subject and will answer any questions that members of the personnel living in France may wish to ask.
The following questions, among others, will be addressed:
- defining one’s domicile for tax purposes and filing a declaration of income in France,
- what the income declaration should contain (in how to declare income from a French or foreign source),
- declaration of bank accounts abroad,
- liability for the payment of social-security contributions,
- housing tax (taxe d’habitation),
- taxation at source (“pay-as-you-earn”).
This public meeting will ONLY address questions of principle and we expressly invite you not to ask questions on personal matters.
For all questions on personal matters, including how to complete the various sections of your income declaration form given your own personal circumstances, you are invited to refer to the general information provided in the admin e-guide or to the instructions attached to the income declaration form, or to contact the tax office (Service des Impôts des Particuliers) for your place of residence.
Please note that this meeting will be held in French and that simultaneous translation into English will be provided.
Information on the Indico page.