Voir en


Travel within and entry into France

Travel within France is authorised only under the conditions set out in this document. In order to travel, you must have a certificate of special dispensation (attestation de déplacement dérogatoire) in your possession. This certificate may be generated electronically (to be shown on a smartphone or tablet) or completed on paper (printed out or hand-written). A new certificate must be used for each day and for each activity. You must also carry an identity document. Without these, you are liable to be fined.

For professional travel (i.e. between your home and place of work), a certificate issued by CERN is also required in addition to the certificate of special dispensation.

A new certificate of special dispensation came into force on 8 April 2020 for entry into France from another country or travel between mainland France and its overseas territories. 

Please note that this certificate is not required if you are travelling between Switzerland and neighbouring France (Ain and Haute-Savoie) for professional reasons and you are in possession of the above-mentioned CERN certificate, which is issued to individuals called upon to “travel between their home and CERN’s installations located in Switzerland and France, for the purpose of essential activities to ensure the safety and security of the Organization’s site and equipment”.

See also the information on the website of the French interior ministry regarding electronic and downloadable certificates.

Relations with the Host States Service