Applications are now open for school # 192 from the Enrico Fermi International School of Physics: "Grid and Cloud Computing concepts and practical applications."
The school will be held from 25-30 July in Varenna, Italy. All the information relative to the school can be found on the school site (http://en.sif.it/activities/fermi_school).
The school will deal with the following topics:
- Worldwide LHC Computing Grid past, present and future
- Clouds in the Biosciences
- Scientific clouds
- Global networking
- Grid and Cloud architecture
- Cloud middleware
- Big Data: challenges and perspectives
- Data preservation
- Grid and Cloud Monitoring
Lecturers and Seminar will be given by major worldwide experts in Grid and Cloud computing:
- Barczyk California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA (USA)
- Bird IT Department, CERN, Geneva (Switzerland)
- V. J. Breton LPC, Campus des Cezeaux, Aubire (France)
- D. Duellmann IT Department, CERN, Geneva (Switzerland)
- LeGrand PH Department, CERN, Geneva (Switzerland), California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA (USA)
- M. Livny Computer Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI (USA)
- S. Maffioletti GC3: Grid Computing Competence Center, University of Zurich (Switzerland)
- G. Maron INFN-CNAF, Bologna (Italy)
- H. Newman California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA (USA)
- J. Shiers IT Department, CERN, Geneva (Switzerland)
Download the attached application form. Print out the form, complete your details, and send it to the following address:
1211 Geneva 23 (Switzerland)
Tel: +41 22 767 1470
Fax: +41 22 766 8377
The deadline for applications is 5 May 2014.
All enquiries can be directed to the school secretary Alina Grigoras at the address above.